Login Instructions SAP R/3
There are two steps in the R/3 login process:
A. Authentication (Kerberos Login; “Getting a ticket”)
1 Double click on the Authentic Login icon to display the following box:
Display the following box:
2. Enter your SAP user name in the Name field using lower case letters.
3. Enter your SAP password in the Password field using lower case letters.
4. If missing, enter ACPUB.DUKE.EDU in the Realm field using UPPER CASE LETTERS.
5. Click on the Login button or press the Enter key.
6. If prompted (only at initial Kerberos login), change your password per the screen’s instructions. The system will verify your user information and issue a ticket (with Start and End time) for R/3. Leave this window open as a reminder to delete the ticket when logging off.
If an error message states “Client not found in Kerberos database while logging in,” then the SAP user name was entered incorrectly or is not valid. Click OK to clear the message, and enter the name again to rule out a keying error. Call the help desk if needed.
If an error message states “Password incorrect,” then the password is not valid or was keyed incorrectly. Click OK to clear the message, and enter the password again or try a different password. Call the Help Desk if needed.
B. Authorization (Logging into R/3)
1. After receiving a security ticket, double click on the SAP Logon icon to display the following box:
2. Click on either PRD [Procurement] to order materials or PRD [Financial Accounting] to perform financial or HR/Payroll functions.
3. Click on the Logon button (click Continue through any system messages) to display the initial SAP Easy Access screen:
You have successfully logged into R/3!
Note: The process for logging into R/3 using a Mac is similar.