SAP R/3 is the former name of SAP ERP. It is an integrated enterprise resource planning (ERP) software developed by SAP AG. It basically targets the requirements of midsize and large organizations. SAP offers an environment of other products to function upon the foundation of a central component.
FEATURES & FUNCTIONS
SAP ERP redefines enterprise resource planning – delivering role-based access to crucial data, applications, and analytical tools. With SAP ERP, you can efficiently deal with business challenges in the following areas:
- End-user service delivery – Ensure that your employees can readily access the critical data, applications, and analytical tools they need to perform all their job functions efficiently and effectively – while supporting a shared-services model for human resources, finance, and other key processes. SAP ERP offers role-based access and self-services. Plus SAP Mobile Time and Travel enables employees in the field to report time and expenses offline.
- SAP ERP Financials – Ensure compliance and predictability of business performance – so your organization can gain a deeper financial insight across the enterprise and tighten control of finances. SAP ERP Financials automates financial and management accounting and financial supply chain management. The solution also provides rigorous support for corporate-governance mandates such as Basel II and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- SAP ERP Human Capital Management – Optimize your HR processes with a complete, integrated, and global human capital management (HCM) solution. SAP ERP provides this HCM solution for organizations of all sizes and in all industries. You can maximize the potential of your workforce, while supporting innovation, growth, and flexibility. The SAP ERP HCM solution automates talent management, core HR processes, and workforce deployment – enabling increased efficiency and better compliance with changing global and local regulations.
- SAP ERP Operations – Manage end-to-end procurement and logistics business processes for complete business cycles – from self-service requisitioning to flexible invoicing and payment – optimizing the flow of materials. SAP ERP Operations also helps discrete and process manufacturers manage the entire life cycle of product development and manufacturing. The solution automates the entire manufacturing process and reduces costs by controlling and adapting the manufacturing process in real time – and increases customer satisfaction by delivering higher-quality products.
- SAP ERP Corporate Services – Helps organizations manage their most cost-intensive corporate functions by supporting and streamlining administrative processes in the areas of real estate; enterprise assets; project portfolios; corporate travel; environment, health, and safety compliance; quality; and global trade services. SAP ERP Corporate Services is a complete and integrated solution that maximizes transparency and control, while reducing financial and environmental risks and enhancing safety of employees.
- Performance management – Support the entire life cycle of performance management, delivering real-time, personalized measurements and metrics to improve business insight and decision making. SAP ERP supports financial analytics, operations analytics, and workforce analytics, as well as consolidated financial and statutory reporting; planning, budgeting, and forecasting, strategy management and scorecards, and risk management.