What is a Command Code?
• A way to navigate R/3 without using the User Menu.
• A two or three digit value, usually beginning with a forward slash (/), that performs functions like opening or closing sessions and transactions.
• Most command codes can be used alone or with a four-digit transaction code as outlined below.
How Do I Use a Command Code?
1. Enter a command code (by itself or in front of a Transaction Code) in the Command field.
2. Click on the Enter button or press Enter to move directly to the initial transaction screen.
What are Commonly Used Command Codes?
Note: xxxx = insert a transaction code
|/Nxxxx||Ends current transaction and starts new transaction (within the same session)|
|/Oxxxx||Opens session and starts new transaction. Maintains current transactions / sessions|
|/N||Ends current transaction within a session Returns to SAP R/3 System screen|
|/O||Displays all current sessions / transactions Provides option to open new session Provides option to close a session|
|/Nend||Logs off SAP R/3|
|/I||Ends current transaction and returns to previous transaction (within the same session)|
|SU3||Opens User Information Maintenance screen (SystemUser ProfileOwn Data) See the Setting User Profile section.|